Uttarakhand, popularly known as Devabhoomi or abode of the Gods is one the most sought after Himalayan destinations. The state literally reveals the exotic and incredible secret of nature while enriching tourists including visitors and pilgrims to the land with its rich culture. Choose Uttarakhand Tour Packages from Kolkata and visit the places of your dream.
Uttarakhand may be best described as the place of mountains and myth. This holy terrain is covered with spectacular peaks, rivers and lakes. Countless high altitude hiking trails and topsy-turvy roads to the holy pilgrimage sites where most the Hindu mythological stories are set are simply amazing. The presence of Shiv and Parvati towers over the terrain. But the imprint of the British dynasty is also very much apparent. Legend of Jim Corbett prominently lives on in the tiger reserve named after him; famous holiday towns like Nainital and Mussourie were the then British hill stations. Beatles turned Rishikesh into literally a magnet for the seekers of spiritual peace as well as the yoga enthusiasts across the world.
Nevertheless, having a trip to any part of Uttarakhand is a lifetime experience. To make the experience even more nurturing and unforgettable, here are a few tips.
- Know about the places you wish to visit beforehand so you appear confident about the place. And this confidence will help you bargain while shopping or refrain anybody trying to cheat you. Have the basic knowledge of geography of the place as well so you know how to wander like a pro.
- The local people of Uttarakhand are very much friendly, warm and welcoming. They are ready to help tourists whenever they find them in trouble.
- Carry a compass, a map and hard cash (in lower denominations of Rs. 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100), important travel papers like tickets, passport and visa (if applicable), identity cards etc.
- Better you don’t wear revealing clothing especially at pilgrimage sites. Local people may take this otherwise. Also it allures wrong people and offends religious and cultural sensibilities.
- If you are paying somebody, don’t take out the entire amount of cash you have. It can increase the chance of getting pick pocketed.
- Don’t accept anything, especially food from unknown people even if it is packed. It may be laced with drugs.
- Don’t eat cut foods in hotels and restaurants as it might get contaminated. And this contamination can lead to even diarrhea and food poisoning making your trip ruined.
- If any important document gets stolen or lost, immediately inform local police stations and local consulate, if applicable, as your documents can be misused.
- While you are on shopping, first you take a thorough survey of the market and prices. It will give you an idea of the tentative price of an article. You can always bargain to have a better deal. While bargaining, don’t be impatient or impolite.
- Having food at dhabas and roadside hotels are inevitable while you are on any of the Uttarakhand Tour Packages from Kolkata. You don’t need to tip at the hotels compulsorily. Tip only if you are satisfied with the food and service.
- People in Uttarakhand are used to speak in Hindi though city people and tourist guides are good in English speaking. So you can use both the languages in urban areas. But in small towns and villages, Pahari and Garhwali are prevalent.
Madhya Pradesh Tour Packages from Bangalore | Walking Tours in Kolkata | Heritage Walk in Old Delhi | Rajasthan Tour Packages from Bangalore | Ladakh Tour Packages from Bangalore | Uttarakhand Tour Packages from Bangalore | Himachal Pradesh Tour packages from Bangalore | Nepal Tour Packages from Bangalore | Bhutan Tour Packages from Bangalore | Darjeeling Tour packages from Bangalore | Sikkim Tour Packages from Bangalore | Odisha Tour packages from Bangalore